Sunday, February 10, 2013

Flat Classroom Challenges 4 and 5

Challenge 4:

For this classroom, I signed up for a skype account.  This communication tool is a type of synchronous communication.  It allows users to communicate via video chat.  I haven't activated my account yet (as in paying for the service), however, I have been researching the different ways that it can be used in the classroom.

One way that I could use this tool with my students, as I teach civics, is to allow my students to discuss political issues with students from other parts of the country. 

The second type of communication discussed in the chapter was asynchronous communication.  I have included a link for my edmodo profile.  This site acts as a Facebook for education purposes. 

Account link:
http://www.edmodo.com/home#/profile/8676156

Challenge 5:

Today's smart phones make it easy to use a cell phone for educational purposes.  Through my phone I constantly communicate with fellow teachers as well as my students' parents via email.  I also update parents on their students grades through the INOW online gradebook service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment