Sunday, February 17, 2013

Challenge 7

In my last blog post, I briefly discussed Edmodo.  In this blog, I plan on discussing how I use this tool.  This tool has is invaluable in both creating a network among several teachers on my strategic teaching/content literacy team and allowing students to discuss the happenings of our class.  I have the ability to post information for students and parents as well as create online quizzes, tests, etc.  By doing this, I have created a learning atmosphere in which my students have greater ownership of their learning. 

Our content literacy team, composed of six teachers, use this site to discuss strategies, set up observations, and make the information viewable to all team members.  We are the implementation team, so this year we are experimenting with different strategic teaching strategies before the strategies are implemented on a school wide basis.  This website allows for unlimited collaboration among members. 

The site also acts as a sort of virtual classroom within a classroom for my students.  Students who have internet access have the opportunity to check for information updates, see important topics from the day's class discussions, and take quizzes from the comforts of their homes.  The students also have the ability to interact socially within the parameters I have set up for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment